At The Ode To we are always curious to learn more about creativity and artistry, so we asked Robin Ahlgren to tell us a little bit about his life, his art and his sources of inspiration.
What do you call your series of artwork?
– "The different human expressions."
What technique have you used?
– I started creating art when I was very young, primarily using oil on canvases. However, as I've developed my own style, I've come to prefer working with acrylic on both paper and canvas.
What inspired you to create the artworks you have made for The Ode To?
– The movement of bodies and my mind's way of expressing faces and colors.
Can you tell us about your background and how you came to be an artist?
– I am an artist and interior architect based in Stockholm. My interest in art began at a young age, as I often watched my grandfather paint in his atelier.
I moved to Paris at 21 to immerse myself in art, architecture, and French studies. After a brief stint in Paris, I relocated to Marbella, Spain, to study interior architecture. Upon earning my BA honors degree, I returned to Stockholm.
It wasn't until my return to Stockholm that I truly began to paint more consistently and discover my artistic identity. For me, art is a beautiful way to express myself, convey emotions, and escape into another world, much like yoga is for some. It's a meditative and inspiring journey.
How would you describe your art and aesthetics in three words?
– Contemporary, surrealism, bodies.
What we love about ROBIN AHLGREN:
What captivates us about Robin Ahlgren's artistry is his ability to capture the intricate and diverse expressions of humanity. His contemporary, surrealistic style brings to life the movement of bodies and the rich tapestry of emotions, all rendered in a vibrant spectrum of colors.