At The Ode To we are always curious to learn more about creativity and artistry, so we asked Åsa Råman to tell us a little bit about her life, her art and her sources of inspiration.
What do you call your series of artworks?
– 'Nature's Architectural Harmony'. I found inspiration in the delicate balance between urban aesthetics and the tranquil beauty of the natural world. This collection embodies the essence of modern architecture's sleek lines, geometric precision, and contemporary elegance, seamlessly merging with the timeless beauty of nature.
What technique have you used?
– In my artistic process, I utilize layers of cotton fabric to create a foundation that results in contrasting textures and shapes. By layering and blending acrylic colors on the cotton canvas, I create depth and dimension, allowing me to experiment with contrasts and create unique abstract art pieces.
What inspired you to create the artworks you have made for The Ode To?
– My art draws inspiration from a fusion of two worlds that deeply captivate me. On one hand, it's the modern urban architecture with its elegant lines and ever-present contrasts that constantly surrounds me. On the other, it's the marvelous and tranquil beauty of nature that has always been a wellspring of creativity for me.
Can you tell us about your background and how you came to be an artist?
– I'm a Stockholm-based civil engineer with a strong background in architecture. My love for art and design has been a constant companion throughout my life. Inspired by the dynamic cityscape around me, I've transitioned into the world of art. I blend my architectural know-how with a deep passion for creativity, crafting narratives that weave together the urban and natural landscapes I've always loved.
How would you describe your art and aesthetics in three words?
– Modern, Visonary & Avant-garde
What we love about ÅSA RÅMAN:
Åsa Råman's art resonates with a sophisticated blend of urbanity and natural grace. Through her abstract paintings, she harmonizes the clean lines of contemporary architecture with the timeless allure of the natural world, offering viewers a visual symphony that transcends boundaries.