At The Ode To we are always curious to learn more about creativity and artistry, so we asked Elvira Eklöf and Matilda Larsson, the artists behind EK Keramik to tell us a little bit about their life, their art and their sources of inspiration.
What do you call your series of artworks?
– We've named the series 'Folding Linen'.
What technique have you used?
– In order to create our artworks, we employ various stoneware sculpting techniques.
What inspired you to create the artworks you have made for The Ode To?
– Being sisters, we've always yearned to create together. These sculptures are a result of our joint effort, inspired by the material's intrinsic qualities, such as its natural folds and the spaces it creates.
Can you tell us about your background and how you came to be an artist?
– Our connection with art and nature began in our formative years, extending into our professions in landscape architecture and sustainability. Our art journey revolves around exploring the harmonious relationship between art, nature, and sustainability.
How would you describe your art and aesthetics in three words?
– Organic, elegant, contemporary.
What we love about EK Keramik:
The artistry of EK Keramik, emerging from the collaborative harmony of Elvira Eklöf and Matilda Larsson, captivates with its organic elegance and contemporary appeal. Their art embodies a seamless fusion of sculpting techniques, creating ceramic pieces that echo the natural folds and spaces intrinsic to the material. Inspired by their shared experiences and driven by a profound connection to nature, their artworks exude a captivating blend of elegance and modernity.