Emilie Holm Atelier
At The Ode To we are always curious to learn more about creativity and artistry, so we asked Emilie Holm Atelier to tell us a little bit about her life, her art and her sources of inspiration.
What do you call your series of artworks?
– These vases are part of a series intended to evoke tactile experiences in daily interior design. They are aptly named as the focus lies in the shapes and colors.
What technique have you used?
– All the vases are uniquely handmade, emphasizing their individuality. Consequently, each piece differs in size and surface.
What inspired you to create the artworks you have made for The Ode To?
– My focus revolves around the small items we encounter every day. I aim to experiment with color and surface in ways that provoke curiosity. My objective is to blend functionality for everyday use with an artistic sculptural touch.
Can you tell us about your background and how you came to be an artist?
– I hold a BA in conceptual textile design and an MA in objects and form from the Royal Danish Academy of Design. My work is centered around the fusion of textiles and objects, guiding my exploration of color, materials, and shapes.
How would you describe your art and aesthetics in three words?
– Colorful, Unique, Engaging
What we love about Emelie Holm Atelier:
Emilie Holm Atelier's ceramics form a vibrant bridge between functionality and artistry. Her unique, handcrafted vases are a testament to playful organic design, evoking curiosity through their diverse surfaces and captivating colors. Their tactile quality merges daily utility with sculptural aesthetics, transforming everyday objects into captivating art pieces.