At The Ode To we are always curious to learn more about creativity and artistry, so we asked Froekenluna to tell us a little bit about her life, her art and her sources of inspiration.
What do you call your series of artworks?
– I've chosen to depict scenes of intimate moments and shared dialogues without specifically naming the series. The series tenderly portrays the allure of slowing down—embracing the comfort of sitting, engaging in delightful repasts, pursuing passions, or simply basking in tranquil observation. The art beckons a soothing, romantic aura into living spaces, skillfully amplifying the joy found in both the serene and the playful.
What technique have you used?
– Primarily, I've utilized plaster and acrylic paint for this series.
What inspired you to create the artworks you have made for The Ode To?
– Autumn has perpetually kindled my creative fire. The season evokes thoughts of sun-kissed holidays in southern lands during summer while also inviting the art of savoring life's simplicity, illuminated by soft light and the warmth of tea within cozy interiors.
Can you tell us about your background and how you came to be an artist?
– Art has been my steadfast companion since my youth's tumultuous tempests. Every stroke on the canvas mirrors a dance of vibrant hues, a testament to a soul yearning to be understood. I ventured into creating art amidst the responsibilities of motherhood. Amidst those moments, in my dimly lit basement, art blossomed from raw materials, embracing imperfections akin to life's uneven edges.
How would you describe your art and aesthetics in three words?
– Vibrant, curious, challenging.
What we love about FROEKENLUNA:
Froekenluna's artwork delicately captures the beauty of shared moments without explicitly naming the series. Her vibrant and curious artistry invites viewers into intimate scenes, where tranquility and shared dialogues unfold. Each stroke on the canvas dances with vibrant hues, presenting a soulful narrative that resonates deeply, inviting viewers into serene observations and tranquil repasts.